More than any other meal of the year Christmas dinner is a chance to indulge in your favourite foods. The challenge is in choosing dishes that will go well together as a satisfying whole.
1. Choose a main course protein and a couple of side dishes – one carby and one packed with veges.
2. Choose a starter or two with wow factor.
3. Top it off with a showstopping dessert or two – preferably recipes you can make in advance.
4. If you're catering for a crowd, increase the quantities or add another couple of dishes.
5. Make sure there's something for everyone. If you've got vegetarian guests or people on special diets, delegate them the task of bringing something that suits their specifications.
6. Divide up the dishes so everyone does some shopping and cooking. That way everyone gets to feel useful and you get to have fun in the kitchen together!
7. For more tips on tailoring your Christmas menu to your tastes, read my Planning a Menu blog.
A Summer Christmas Menu
Choose from these easy fingerfood starters to whet the appetite as people arrive:
|Fingerfood and Starters|
Follow with turkey, ham or both, plus a vegetarian protein option if needed:
Roll out some side dishes – add as many as you need to feed your number of guests:
Top it all off with a scrumptious dessert or two – ideally recipes you can make in advance:
While away the afternoon with a coffee and a few special nibbles. Happy Christmas!